August 25, 2010

Do hard things


Awhile ago I read a book called "Do hard things" written by 2 teenage brothers, named Brett and Alex Harris. Even though the book is by teens, for teens this 40+ mom was inspired. :)

I right away started praying for what I could do and right away I thought of Haiti. I went to my daughter whose birthday was coming up and reluctantly asked her if she would be willing to ask for donations for Haiti in lieu of gifts from her friends. She answered me by saying she'd been thinking the same thing!

Between her birthday, a garage sale, collecting bottles and loose change, we have almost reached half way to our goal...I love it when books inspire.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )