August 21, 2010

Jane Austen


I LOVE Jane Austen's books. No one writes with the beautiful flow of words like she does. Most men will never understand the lure of her writings the way women do.

It's this deep need in women to be loved, chosen and taken care of (even if they don't want to admit it) What woman, in her right mind, would not want a man like Darcy or Wentworth or Knightley?

Of course all these characters are all way to perfect and therefore unrealistic. But are they? Is there a True Love out there who is not only perfect, but loves you and has chosen you and wants to take care of you?

I think there is and that's the lure of these books, at least for me.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy: Just returning the visit that you made to my blog.I'm now a new follower. I too love Jane Austen. There is something about the era that she writes about that is so romantic. I love her characters. Some are sassy and strong-headed and others are tragically crossed in love, but always the happy ending. I'm liking your blog and will be stopping by frequently to check it out!

    Julie @ My Only Vice

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )