October 4, 2010

Slightly Bad Girls

I just started reading a book called "Slightly Bad Girls of the Bible," by Liz Curtis Higgs. I love the way she describes these women such as Sarah, Rebekah and Rachel:

"My definition of a Slightly Bad Girl is simply this: a woman unwilling to fully submit to God. We love him, serve him, and worship him, yet we find it difficult to trust him completely, to accept his plan for our lives, to rest in his sovereignty. And so we quietly (or not so quietly) try to take back the reins again and again. Let me handle things, Lord, I know what's best. 

We pray, then move forward without waiting for an answer. We do all the right, Good Girl things and hope no one notices our desperate need to control every aspect of our lives. We read 'She does not trust the Lord, she does not draw near to her God' (Zephaniah 3:2) and shudder at the thought, never seeing ourselves in those words."

This is so me...but I know there is hope. :) God isn't going to leave me like this. He is teaching me and humbling me each day. I'm learning that:

"It is the work that God does through me that counts, not what I do for Him." Oswald Chambers




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )