December 30, 2011

10 Great Reads of 2011


I'm looking forward to this brand new year. I haven't had much time to write many 'thoughts on books' the last few weeks, but hope to get right back to it. I've redesigned my blog for the new year, so come by and visit anytime and see what you think. :)

I'm a little shocked I actually read 61 books this past year! I thought I'd share 5 great non-fiction reads and 5 great fiction reads from my list. So here they are in no particular order:

5 great non-fiction reads:



My thoughts: Oswald Chambers










  My thoughts: What really happened that first Easter?








My thoughts: The Well








My thoughts: Unbroken



My thoughts: God as Master Artist
                     A Great Story from Charles Spurgeon
                     Heaven and five people I'd like to meet






5 great fiction reads:



My thoughts: Pompeii









My thoughts: Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution









My thoughts: Fade to Blue and Hearst Castle








 My thoughts: To Win Her Heart









My thoughts: Petra

6 comments:

  1. I am a reader too..our book club loved unbroken..I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can. and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I am now your newest follower. I am a nonfiction reader so i will look into some of those recommendations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cathy! Thanks for sharing your list of great reads! I look forward to reading To Win Her Heart this year.

    Blessed New Year to you and your family!

    Michelle : )

    P.S. Your blog looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michelle...Happy New Year to you and your family as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yearly book lists or rankings are, of course, mostly comprised of contemporary books.
    We would all do well to remember C.S. Lewis' rule for reading: "...after reading a new book, never allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one...keep the clean sea breeze of the centuries blowing through our minds..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike - Great quote from C.S. Lewis, one of my favorite authors. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )