December 2, 2012

C is for Christmas: The History, Personalities, and Meaning of Christ's Birth

Such a great Christmas book!

Filled with history, Biblical people and the deeper meaning of Christ's birth and why we celebrate it. Laid out like a dictionary, chapter one being titled  'A' with sections such as Advent and Angels, chapter two titled 'B' with sections on Bethlehem and Baby and so on through the alphabet.

I was surprised at how much I didn't know about the Christmas story and I loved how the authors simply explained biblical situations.

I also loved learning the deeper meaning behind the birth, life, death and resurrection of Christ.

I underlined a lot in this one! So instead of sharing all the great things I learnt from this book in one post, I thought I'd share them in several posts throughout December.

Hope you'll join me and maybe read something new about Christmas you didn't know or understand before.  : )

 Buy it HERE at Amazon




6 comments:

  1. This looks interesting! I'm planning on hopping back here to read your future posts on this. Our ignorance about Christmas can be surprising. I remember when years ago at a small group we were given a little multiple choice about just the Bible facts related to the Christmas story. Ouch! I studied up more after that, and since then both my husband and I have offered similar quizzes, for fun and instruction, in classes and Bible study groups, and a year or two ago on my blog.
    Hm. Maybe I ought to go dig that out for a repost...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Christmas quiz, that sounds like a great idea. I may try that with my kids. :)

      Thanks for stopping by Sylvia, and look forward to you coming by again.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm...I've been looking for books that talk about the meaning of Christmas in depth, especially as my son is growing and approaching an age where he can begin to understand. Thanks for the review! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea to go through this before christmas... look forward to learning from you, friend. blessings, e.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )