April 15, 2013

Edenbrooke

If you are a romantic who loves Jane Austen then this post is for you. : )

I saw that author Julie Klassen had recommended this book on her Facebook page, so I decided to pick it up...I had no idea how much I would love it.


Instead of a traditional post, I thought I'd share ten things about this book instead. Ten things that won't spoil the story for you, but may make you want to run out and get it!

So here goes:

1. If you love Jane Austen, you'll love it too. : )

2.It only took me two days to read, I couldn't put it down.

3. The characters are wonderful. They were fun, witty, romantic and had a sense of humor. (I laughed out loud several times and teared up at other times.)

4. The scenery is descriptive and drew me in. I felt like I was in England.

5. It's set in one of my favorite time periods...early 1800's

6. It had just the right touch of adventure, mystery and intrigue.

7. A clean read with a loveable heroine and hero, who were true to themselves.

8. It was full of the beauty of the English countryside and the charm of a 17 year old girl.

9. The language is true to the time period without being overwhelming or hard to understand. (I admit I've used my dictionary a few times while reading Jane Austen.) 

10. I'm sad it's over, but if they make this into a movie...I think I may be the first in line. : )

Here's the first paragraph which drew me into the story right away...

Bath, England, 1816

"It was the oak tree that distracted me. I happened to glance up as I walked beneath its full, green canopy. The wind was tossing its leaves so that they twirled upon their stems, and at the sight I was struck by the realization that it had been much too long since I had twirled. I paused under the branches and tried to remember the last time I had felt the least need to twirl..."

Oh and one more thing...for some reason after reading this book, I feel like I could twirl. : )

Buy it HERE on Amazon or HERE for your Kindle


10 comments:

  1. Sounds SO good, Cathy! Excited to read it at some point. :) Thanks for sharing - twirling sounds like a good reaction. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rissi, it was such a fun book. I haven't loved the characters in a book this much since Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. : )

      Delete
  2. This sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing. :-) It will be added to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome idea to do a top ten! Sounds like a great one :) Thanks for telling me about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! Hope you get a chance to enjoy it too. : )

      Delete
  4. I love Jane Austen so your post title caught my eye. :) It's fun when another author can capture that time period and style too (because it's such a shame that Jane only wrote six novels!). Thanks for sharing! (I love the novel cover too, btw. Gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover too! And it goes really well with the story. :)

      Thanks for stopping by Bonnie.

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a delightful book. Thanks for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by Nicole. : )

      Delete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )