February 4, 2014
Survivors: True Stories of Children in the Holocaust
And it was another reminder of the monstrosity that took place during WWII.
But more importantly it was a reminder of how each life has a story and how each one of us has a purpose and meaning in this world.
This book (Survivors) also reminded me of this.
It has eight extraordinary stories of Holocaust survivors who were children during WWII.
Each story is told from the survivors point of view and also lets you know what their lives are like now.
These stories will move you, anger you and you'll want to thank God for those who risked their lives to help them.
The photo on this book is of a little girl from the first story, a photo her parents forgot to take down...
Here are the Chapter headings:
1. What will happen to me now that the Nazis are here?
2. Is there no country in the entire world that will take us?
3. So this is where I'm going to Die
4. How can the stars seem so happy in this horrible place?
5. I am somebody!
6. If they find us, they'll kill us
7. I am a partisan now!
8. No wonder they call this a death march
You can't help seeing the hand of God in these remarkable survival stories. There's just to many coincidences.
Even though this book was written for children to learn about the Holocaust, I as an adult, also learned a lot.
I highly recommend this book for all ages.
Buy it HERE on Amazon