June 6, 2014

My Feelings Are Not God...

Friday's Thought: 


"My feelings are not God. God is God. 

My feelings do not define truth. God’s word defines truth. My feelings are echoes and responses to what my mind perceives. And sometimes - many times - my feelings are out of sync with the truth. 

When that happens - and it happens every day in some measure - I try not to bend the truth to justify my imperfect feelings, but rather, I plead with God: Purify my perceptions of your truth and transform my feelings so that they are in sync with the truth."     
                                                                John Piper
                                                     

2 comments:

  1. Wow... What book is this from, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from John Piper's book called 'Finally Alive.' I haven't read it yet but looking forward to soon. My daughter shared the quote with me. : )

      Delete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )