February 16, 2015

Waiting for Spring

It's that time of year again, when the beauty of autumn has past, the excitement of Christmas has come and gone and the long days of January are over. It's that time when I long for spring and count the days toward it.

So I thought I'd share a few photos I've taken from public gardens I've visited over the years, along with some of my favorite Scripture.




                         "Therefore the LORD longs to be gracious to you,
                         And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you.
                         For the LORD is a God of justice;
                         How blessed are all those who long for Him."  Isaiah 30:18



                         "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
                          I will guide you with My eye." Psalm 32:8




                         "Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed,
                          Because His compassions fail not.


                         They are new every morning;
                          Great is Your faithfulness.


                         The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,
                          “Therefore I hope in Him!”  Lamentations 3:22-24



                          “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
                          And whose hope is the LORD.


                         For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
                         Which spreads out its roots by the river,
                         And will not fear when heat comes;
                         But its leaf will be green,
                         And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
                         Nor will cease from yielding fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8



                        "...be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;

praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—

and for me, that utterance may be given to me, that I may open my mouth boldly to make known the mystery of the gospel,

for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak."  Ephesians 6: 10-20 



                          "Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth;
                          Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises.


                          Sing to the LORD with the harp,
                          With the harp and the sound of a psalm,


                          With trumpets and the sound of a horn;
                          Shout joyfully before the LORD, the King.


                          Let the sea roar, and all its fullness,
                          The world and those who dwell in it;


                          Let the rivers clap their hands;
                          Let the hills be joyful together


                          before the LORD, For He is coming to judge the earth.
                          With righteousness He shall judge the world,
                          And the peoples with equity." Psalm 98:4-9


"Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, “How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.

Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”

The woman said to Him, “Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water?

Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?”


Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,

but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”                                                                    John 4:9-14




*This post is dedicated to the Egyptian Coptic Christians who were murdered in Libya this week. They lived these words and have brought them even more to life for me.

Their last words were: "O Lord, Jesus!" (Ya Rab, Yesua!) Now they are with Him and He is saying, well done my children.

And they no longer have to wait for Spring.

25 comments:

  1. Oh my word, this is beautiful and so encouraging on this dreary winter day! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and Amen! To the photo's of Spring and those delicious Scriptures... I can't even get over the first one - how He LONGS to be gracious to us! and Amen to your dedication to our brothers who are no longer waiting for Spring! So glad we are neighbors over at InspireMeMondays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very talented photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tribute to those precious saints..."Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints"...Psalm 116:15 Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures and verses are so lovely. And how beautiful to dedicate it all to the Coptic Christians. That situation breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful that God was waiting to receive the Egyptians, but saddened by this world and all the violence.
    The Scriptures are perfect as is God's Word anytime, always. Your photographs are absolutely lovely. The roses, the streams, all so peaceful.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post. Thankyou....Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures... wonderful scriptures! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are shivering in cold here, and I can't wait for spring. These photos took me there for a few moments. Thank you. And thank you for remembering our brothers. (We're neighbors today at Jennifer's.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful photos and such comforting verses of scripture. Thank you for linking up at InspireMeMonday :)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your last line just did me in. What a beautiful tribute. I just let the scriptures wash over me. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What welcome images of the vibrancy of spring on this dreary day. Loved it! Linking with you at 3WordWed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect reminder, on a cold and snowy day, that spring will come. Such beautiful photographs and verses. And what an amazing tribute. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're on Snow Day #3 today and already have been notified we have two more coming this week. :) So I've been reminding myself that SPRING IS COMING. I'm so thankful God uses winter to prepare us for spring. Your photos here are lovely. Thanks for sharing at #ThreeWordWednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your post is inspiring and the photos are all great. The yellow roses though thrill me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photos and sweet words from the Lord! Thanks so much for linking up at "Mondays @ Soul Survival." Pinning to my "Mondays @..." board. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These photos are just lovely and the scriptures with them together are such an encouragement in a world gone wrong. Thank you for linking up at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos! Beautiful words! Each season is my favorite when I'm in it - and I'm loving the grace in the snow right now. When the Spring flowers come, I'll be ready for them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for helping me to think Spring in the middle of Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are beautiful. I love the scriptures. Thanks for linking up with Literacy Musing Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beauty and hope for renewal for this winter time of year which I am immersed in right now. Beautiful scripture to accompany the stunning photos. Thank you for sharing at The Weekend Brew.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank-you all for your lovely comments! Glad you all stopped by. : )

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh this makes me look forward to spring so much more than I did already! Beautiful! Thank you for linking up at Women With Intention Wednesdays! I look forward to seeing what you share this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cathy, this is such a beautiful post. The beauty in nature brings such hope to the soul, and combined with the hope found in scripture - it's simply wonderful! Thanks for sharing this with Grace and Truth this week!
    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful!

    I let each section permeate my soul!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...