March 1, 2018

Longing for Spring


Spring has always been my favorite time of year. Everything becomes lush and green, new life starts to come up from the ground and the air feels fresh and clean.

Spring reminds me that Christ brings new life and that one day all things will be made new. Though spring doesn't begin for a few more weeks I am looking forward to it and thought I'd share a few quotes on it, as well as, some inspirational Scripture.
"And God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.' And it was so." Gen. 1:14


Spring

  
"To sit in the shade on a fine day, and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment." Jane Austen


Cherry Blossoms in England

"For lo, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone.

The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of singing has come,
And the voice of the turtledove
Is heard in our land."  Song of Solomon 2:11-12

At the Walls of the Old City of Jerusalem in Spring


"Everything is new in the spring...Springs themselves are always so new, too. No spring is ever just like any other spring. It always has something of its own to be its own peculiar sweetness."                                                                                                                                                           L. M. Montgomery    
                                                                                               
Prince Edward Island in Late Spring
                                                                                                                                
"Truth shall spring out of the earth,
And righteousness shall look down from heaven.

Yes, the LORD will give what is good;
And our land will yield its increase.

Righteousness will go before Him,
And shall make His footsteps our pathway." Psalm 85:11-13

A Spring Path in the Woods


"Through May and June my world became softer and warmer. The cold wind dropped and the air, fresh as the sea, carried a faint breath of the thousands of wildflowers which speckled the pastures. At times it seemed unfair that I should be paid for my work; for diving out in the early morning with the fields glittering under the first pale sunshine and the wisps of mist still hanging on the high tops."
                                                                                                                                             James Herriot

 
A Yorkshire Field of Wildflowers

"Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD; His going out is sure as the dawn; He will come to us as the showers,
as the spring rains that water the earth.” Hosea 6:3

Tulips in the Rain


17 comments:

  1. I look forward to spring so much and relish it when it comes. Thank you for these beautiful quotes and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quotes, scripture verses and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This post is so beautiful! I clicked on your link from moments of hope because I didn't want to read anything heavy - and this was perfect! The images so beautiful - what a feast for the eyes! And the accompanying quotes and Bible verses...how inspirational! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved everything! The Scripture verses, the quote and the absolutely stunning pictures! Thanks for compiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On a gray and blustery day in Maine, this post is a huge encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are sooo beautiful! I am also longing for spring here in Georgia! Blessings to you from your neighbor at the #RaraLinkup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - such beautiful photos! And I'm right there with you....longing for spring!! Please hurry:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous pictures, and the verses are perfect! Thanks for sharing them at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Springtime is my favorite! And I love good quotes. :)

    Your verses and pictures are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely. i'm longing for winter however - too hot here in January - finally finally some clouds. Calif. coast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cathy,
    Thank you so much for joining me at #MomentsofHope and sharing these beautiful hope-filled photos! Many blessings to you!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh such beautiful words and images. I am longing for spring. As I type this I am looking out the window at my desk and snow is falling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am definitely ready for spring, too. I start to get the itch to sit outside with my Bible in the mornings and see things blooming! Your photos are beautiful, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The photos are beautiful! The quotes are fresh and inspiring. Thanks so much for sharing these at the #LMMLinkup and for giving us a taste of spring! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. After reading through other blogs I have come back to yours as my favorite post of the week. You not only inspired us with beautiful photos and quotes, but you have also pointed us to our Savior. Your post will be featured on my blog tomorrow for the #LMMLinkup!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank-you all for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed this post. : )

    Gayl - Thanks for sharing my post on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your own thoughts in the comments. I try to respond to all of them by the end of the week. : )